Sunday, January 08, 2006

Quick Update....

At this point, the latest news is that my doc is going to let me wait until the 18th, but no later, to go into labor on my own. The previous news was that I was going to be induced on or by the 11th. We've both been passing our tests with flying colors, and as long as the next 9 days go as well, we'll keep on waiting. She let me decide if I wanted to be induced on the 11th or wait until the 18th...and I'm really hoping that mother nature kicks in on her own between now & then. But if not, then Sydney's birthday will be 1/18/06 (unless she really decides to torture me and draw it out until the 19th...yikes!).

I've been having false labor, but nothing else exciting to speak of. On 12/27 they checked me and I was 1cm, 30%, and her head was "low". They probably won't check again until they schedule the induction just to make sure I'm a good candidate for it. They did measurements at my last sonogram and they estimated her size to be about 8 lbs 4oz. Of course, these measurements can be up to a pound off. Either way, she's a good size & that's one of the main reasons they're letting me wait until the 18th.

I go in for another check up tomorrow, the 9th, so I'll post any news that develops. In the mean time, I'm walking 3.5 miles a day, eating hot food, and trying to get plenty of sleep in preparation for the big event! Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home