Monday, January 09, 2006

Doc Appt Today (9 days left!!!)

I went in for a sonogram & doc appt this morning and all was well. We scored 100% on the sonogram. She was asleep at the beginning, so they buzzed her to get her moving around. They didn't do measurements today, so I'm still not sure if the measurements from last week are very accurate or not. No one seems to believe that she could be 8lbs 4oz based on how I look, so maybe they were way off. We did fine on the NST. She was awake by then, so it went quickly. I wasn't having any contractions to speak of. My doc was in an emergency c-section, so I saw another instead of waiting. My BP was really good today!! Somehow I've lost 4 pounds since Wednesday. I'm not sure what's going on w/ my weight. I lost a pound over Christmas, then gained 5 the next week, and now I'm back down 4. So that puts my grand total at 26 so far. The doc didn't seem too concerned, but a bit surprised. I'm not sure how I feel about it. The nurse is convinced that I was probably retaining more water last week & that's the reason for such a fluctuation. As long as little Syd is okay, then I'm not much concerned w/ my weight. She checked me and I was 1-2 cm. It was a little disappointing that I haven't made much change since the 27th. I'm really hoping that all my walking pays off soon!

We went ahead and officially scheduled the induction for my due date, the 18th. I'll go in the night before for Cervidil and they'll start the drip sometime the next morning. I think Jeff and I will go out for dinner before checking in on the 17th for one last hoo-rah & some quiet time (we won't be getting much of that for a ways to come!). With any luck she'll be born sometime the evening of the 18th (and I really pray that its not the 19th, because that would be a LONG day). Of course, in the back of my mind, I'm still hoping there's a chance I'll spontaneously go into labor on my own between now & then. I have another appointment on the 16th just to make sure all is well & to see if I've made any progress. Keep us all in your prayers!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will do great Brenna! The walking does help, as my labor was long, but fairly painless and I really think it was the walking everyday during pregnancy!

We are so excited for you. You have a such a positive attitude and are keeping Sydney as your number one concern! You are going to do great!

We hope she comes soon, as we are excited to see her! Love to you all!

Abby, Seth and Laura

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danny and Rachel are certainly praying and following maybe a little more closely than expected. The Dr said Monday that Rachel would not go into labor this week but after that all bets were off.
Getting really excited for you two.
Keep up the posting.
Danny and Rachel

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home