Sunday, September 30, 2007

Uh-Oh!

A little drama for your momma:

For those of you who know Sydney's sleeping habits, you know that she has always liked to get up fairly early in the AM. M-F that is just great, because we're all up & out the door for work pretty early. We always thought it would be nice if she'd sleep past 7 or 7:30 on the weekends, and she does grant us this wish every once in a while. This morning was one of those mornings. I heard her making some noise at 6:45, but then she fell back asleep until about 8:20. I went in to get her, and realized she was totally suck between the rails of her crib. I was calm for a moment, I called in Jeff for back up, and I crawled in the crib w/ Syd to assist. Now, I have seen her sleep on her back w/ her legs outside of the crib before, no big deal. Today she was on her stomach with her legs out, which apparently makes all the difference. It looked as if she tried to get out of her crib the same way she gets off a couch, by sliding down on her stomach until her legs touch the floor. Well, her legs were totally touching the floor, but her crotch was stuck against the rail & she couldn't get back in or out. She really wasn't too upset about this situation, and I'm sure that having both her blankies (buddies) in her crib w/ her helped a lot. But she kept telling me that she was all done & then whimpering a bit. First, we tried to squeeze her chubby knees through the slots. No luck. Next, Jeff said he was going to get something to cut the crib with. I immediately flash to the day we bought the crib, and how expensive it was, and how we'd have to replace it if we cut this one to pieces getting her out. Then, I told Jeff to get something to lube her up with, and some scissors to cut her PJ's off her legs. He was gone for a good 3-5 minutes, mean while Syd & I are singing songs to stay calm & I'm trying to wiggle her into different positions to figure out which way she could fit. I mean, if she got them in, she could get them out...right? Finally, I magically slipped her through at about a 45 degree angle & Poof....we had our baby back. Jeff immediately proclaims "WE ARE PUTTING HER BUMPER BACK ON!".

We didn't take any pictures of her stuck, but I think she was in that position for a good while because she had some pretty good marks from where the bars were pressing against her.



To cheer her up, Jeff played peek-a-boo under her blanket.... ...and let her jump all over him. This is the new game. Sydney climbs on Jeff, steps all over him, jumps on him, Jeff says "OUCH" and she does it harder & harder & harder.
I get asked about 10 times a day where Sydney gets her curls from. If you knew me before I turned 4 or so, then you'd know that my hair was just like that when I was little. When I answer that the hair is from me, I often get this funny look from people as if I'm a liar. Since I do use a flat iron on my hair nearly every day, I thought I'd take this picture so you can see what my crazy hair does w/ out being whipped into shape.Surely, one day, Sydney will be cursing me for the hair she has inherited (as I did my mother most of my life). But for now, with a little spray of water in the mornings to tame it, her hair is as cute as can be & I think she knows it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

Ohhhh! Poor baby, I'm glad to hear Sydney's okay and calm nerves prevailed without cutting apart the crib. That's crazy how calm Syd was, I'd be saying "all done" too!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Micah and Beth said...

I'm glad everything turned out okay and that you didn't have to cut the crib!!! Yikes! BTW- I like your hair wavy in the last few pics. :)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Mommy K said...

Oh a glimpse into the future...there's always drama, huh?
So glad Sydney's okay.
Hugs, Katie

10:57 AM  
Blogger Huskers said...

Glad you are okay Syd!

Abby, Seth and Laura Mae

4:43 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I am so impressed that she was calm. That would have sucked if you had to saw the crib in half.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm, join the stuck crowd. R got his head stuck in a fence at Disney World last year. At least you didn't have to call the Fire Dept. : ) oh yeah, we did

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home