Monday, October 10, 2005

Preparing the Nursery

We started painting the nursery over a week ago. This room was the guest room & was originally a golden yellow color. We primed it, and then applied 3 coats of the first pink. Yes~my doctor said it was fine for me to paint with normal household latex paint. When I asked her if I needed to wear a painters mask, she even laughed at me! We made sure the fan was on & the window was open for good ventilation. Then came the tricky part...We measured each stripe to be 10 inches wide and planned on using a laser level to guide us for taping. Well, the first laser level fell out of the wall at about the 6th or 7th stripe and broke into several pieces. We spent the rest of that evening trying to repair it....it is now in the garbage! We purchased a new & improved laser level that suctions onto the wall. This was still pretty tricky to use, but we slowly got the hang of it. Once the taping was done, the 2nd pink went on quickly. We're all finished now with the exception of a few pencil marks that need to be erased or painted over. We're thrilled at how it turned out! This was our inspiration room: http://ww2.potterybarnkids.com/index.cfm?age=b&area=shp&cid=frn&sid=PBK5ENG6CPUEVTZ89OHBCZCIPMIHQARE200510102011&src=hme. We've decided that it reminds us of a circus tent a bit. Jeff was so excited that he picked up the crib on his way home from work today. As you can see in the pictures, we don't have a mattress in the crib yet, but we put the bedding on it anyway to see how it looks. We've adjusted to calling the room "the nursery" or "the baby room" now instead of the guest room. We can't wait for our little bundle of joy to arrive so we can add life to the room!




I had a doctor appointment today & did the glucose screening to test for gestational diabetes. They had a new Fruit Punch flavor that wasn't too bad. I should have the results within a week. I am at higher risk for this since there is a family history of diabetes. Everything else was good. My blood pressure was good today, better than normal, and my urine is still clean so still no preeclampsia (yippee!). Of course, I'm gaining weight~but in the normal range so I'm still on track. When she measured my belly she did it 3 times because I'm measuring a bit big for 26 weeks. Jeff's excited at the thought that we might have a big baby, but I'm still betting that she'll be in the 7 lb range. I have an ultrasound on the 24th (my birthday!) to measure her. We're all doing well, so thanks for those prayers!

4 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

You two freaked me out a bit with the stripes but the pictures are great. The paint job is wonderful and I LOVE that crib. Brenna Jo you are definately looking bigger! Keep posting pictures I love them. Take care and love you three bunches!!! ~Aunt Meghan

8:17 PM  
Blogger Huskers said...

The baby's room looks great. I will have to post some photos of ours. I love the stripes, you did a great job! I like your crib too. Keep the ideas coming! I am sure you screening will be normal Brenna. I just got mine back and it was good, so I will cross my fingers for you.

You look great and if that baby is big, then you know who's fault that is! Could Jeff be any taller??? :) -- Abby and Seth

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well happy birthday coming up. I didn't know you were in the rather full month of October, Liz and Patrick the 2nd, Lucy the 9th, and of course me the 15th. We love the crib so much so that I believe we bought the same one. I'll have Rachel look and see.
Love you guys lots,
Danny and Rachel

5:03 AM  
Blogger Jeff and Brenna Morgan said...

Danny & Rachel,
The crib is by Baby's Dream. Its quite popular & we have several friends w/ the same one. It was one of the only affordable ones out there!!!

Do you know what your baby's sex is? I haven't heard. I hope all is going well!

Happy belated birthday!

Brenna

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home