Tuesday, November 22, 2005

31 Weeks, 6 days

I had an OB appointment yesterday & the news was good. They did an ultrasound to check for her movements, to see if she was practicing breathing, her heartrate, and the amniotic fluid levels. We passed! She was asleep when I first went in, but I rolled around a bit and woke her up enough that she started kicking back. Then they did a 15 minute non-stress test of her heart rate and my uterine activity levels. Her heartrate was between 125 and 150, so that was good...and I didn't have any contractions (which I could have told them that), so that was good too. They didn't measure her growth during the ultrasound, but they will next Monday. My external measurements are still a little ahead of schedule, but not enough that they think she'll be an enormous baby or anything. Plus, its better that we measure a little on the bigger side rather than on the smaller side since hypertension usually restricts fetal growth a bit. All in all, it was a good visit & I can't wait to see her again next week. Maybe we'll have a little extra time to get some pictures of her next time too.

November 4th was our 2nd anniversary. After dinner we decided to come home and get comfy, so I put on my new robe (a gift from Jeff) and lit our unity candle.Don't worry...that's not really champagne in the picture, its sparkling grape juice. However, I can't wait until I can have a glass of champagne again. The hospital will let you bring some in the postpartum rooms, so we may be popping a little of the bubbly after she's born.This was our first snow of the year. It didn't stick, as you can tell, but it was still pretty coming down. This is mean dog Velvet....And this is nice dog Velvet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home