Tuesday, January 17, 2006

We go to the hospital tonight!!!

I'll check in at 8pm tonight at Overland Park Regional Medical Center to start preparing for induction tomorrow morning. At this point it hasn't been decided yet if she'll just break my water tomorrow morning & see if contractions start on their own, or if she'll start me on pitocin right away. I guess we'll discuss this when its time. I honestly don't know which I think is best, but I'm leaning towards breaking the water so mother nature can take its course w/out intervention. They say that the average time for labor for first time mom's is 14 hours. Yikes! As long as her birthday is the 18th & she doesn't make me labor until the 19th, then I'll be happy...exhausted, but happy.

At my last appointment yesterday she measured closer to 7 lbs 8 oz, so I think the measurements from 2 weeks ago had errored quite a bit on the larger side (8 lbs 4 oz). Everything looked good, except she slept through the entire sonogram. She woke up for the NST, so we still passed our tests.

Here are a few picts of my belly last week & updates on the nursery...we keep adding a little at a time.

As with the last belly picts, I've just come home from the gym...so please excuse my appearance. We thought we'd give you the full effect w/ my shirt off. I'm enormous!!

This is what my view of my belly looking down looks like.We finally got the changing pad for the combo-hutch. This is the pack n' play that Sydney will sleep on in our bedroom for the first few weeks. And, one of my favorite things in the room, the rocking chair. Its SUPER comfy!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck tonight! Let us know when Sydney gets here!

Shane and Alli

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck! You will do great!

Abby, Seth and Laura

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home