Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Church Shower & Addison Sue Hunt

Saturday was Sydney's baby shower thrown by Pat Trachsel and Wanda Talcott with our church congregation here in Olathe. Jeff got her all dressed & ready while I readied myself. He was so proud of how cute she looked, that he ran into the bathroom to show me her cute new outfit (courtesy of Uncle Ryan, Aunt Christy, and Trevor)She got tons of adorable clothes, including this adorable pink and white sailor outfit with matching sandals. This summer is going to be so much fun!!!
Syd was very well behaved at her shower. I fed her just before it started, then she filled her britches-so I put a clean diaper on her. She slept wonderfully as she was passed around. Here she is cuddling with June Johnson. This shot accents how much her cheeks have really filled out (Syd's, not June's!).
...and sleeping in the arms of Jeanne Mann.
Jennifer Beauman made an adorable mommy bracelet for me out of garnets (Syd's birthstone) and silver blocks that spell out her name. I love it & wear it every day now.
Micah and Beth Hunt had their little one this past Friday night, Addison Sue Hunt. She was 7 lbs 11 oz and 191/2 inches-Nearly the exact same size Syd was at birth. We placed them side by side because none of us could believe how much size difference there was in just one month--incredible!! No wonder I was awkward nursing Syd at first, she was so little & I'd already forgotten!
Addison was born with a head full of dark hair, just like her cousin. Can you see a family resemblance?
I'm still busy interviewing caregivers for when I go back to work on April 3rd. We've got it narrowed down to two, so its go time! I'm almost half way through my maternity leave, and I'm starting to get nervous about my return. I'm sure she'll be fine, and I'll get into the swing of it after the first week or so. oh...I hear her waking from her afternoon nap.

We've still got tons of pictures to share, so I'll get to them soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home