Saturday, February 02, 2008

Sydney turns 2!

First things first....Jeff's gotten a few comments that I'm not "showing" yet based on our blog pictures. Oh, contraire! Maybe I just need to take another picture this week, because even the one below doesn't do it justice. This pict was taken on the 16th, so I should be 19/20 weeks along (I'm 21/22 weeks now). I can no longer fit into my non-maternity pants. He's kicking like a crazy person. We still don't have a name and I'm starting to stress out. If I get desperate enough, I'll post our list & let you vote on it. I told Jeff over breakfast this morning that he was coming home from the hospital "Baby Boy Morgan". We have several more house projects I'd like to get finished before we start on his room, but we've got a good idea of what we want & hopefully I'll have pictures for you in a few weeks of how its coming.
Here's what Pregnancy Weekly has to say:
Fetal Development
Your baby weighs approximately 10.5 ounces and is about 7.2 inches from head to rump and is busy moving within your uterus, surrounded by amniotic fluid. He or she is learning how its arms and legs move, and using its hands to feel its facial features, which you may be able to see on an ultrasound. Most clinics and hospitals offer to videotape your ultrasound for a nominal charge; it's a great keepsake!

Here's another random picture taken this same week. I look much more chubbo here, or as I like to think of it "with child".

When we were in St Louis, we saw Daniel (who I believe would be Syd's 2nd cousin since he's Jeff's first cousin....is that how you do it??) Daniel is 3-4 weeks younger than Syd I believe, but he's like the Jolly Green Giant. Not a big surprise since his daddy is taller than Jeff! Can you see the size difference here? Granted, he's got on good shoes & Syd has on slippers, but still. He's about to grow out of his 3T clothes!!

Jeff got a little x-box Halo action in during our down time. Sydney was practicing right along w/ him, even holding the controller just like her Daddy. (Notice how Jeff's mouth is open when he's concentrating. Syd gets this trademark move from him)On her actual birthday, we did a little cupcake action in the morning. She'd been fevered, so she didn't even eat much of it. She actually didn't eat much for 4 days straight. When I took her temp in her armpit it maxed out at 103, so she was pretty miserable. It turns out it may have been higher than this (I wasn't sure how accurate the armpit was b/c our doc says its not a good reading). On the 4th day of fever I took her in at 99 (based on my armpit reading) and the nurse got her at 101 in her ear. There was like a 20 minute time difference between the readings, so it may have just gone up that much. I got a little nervous because 105 is when you take a little trip to the ER, and if I was 2 degrees low at 103, then we may have needed more urgent attention. Regardless, it was a random virus & just threatening it with a doc visit was enough to scare it away within an hour & it never reared its ugly head again.We had her party on the 26th, and our church was nice enough to let us use the gym so 10 2-year olds weren't running around my house!

(the next 3 pictures were edited because they were too dark to see well, so the colors might look a little funny)
Syd was a little slow opening her gifts. A bit of stage fright I believe. It was a group effort, and luckily she didn't mind too much.If I haven't mentioned it before, we totally think Sydney has a crush on Jason. She always asks for him to come over & play. If we happen to see some of our friends & he's not there, she asks where he is. While opening gifts, she totally insisted on giving him this card, for whatever random reason.She liked this dress so much she wanted to put it on right then. After a little convincing that we didn't want to get it dirty just yet, she conceeded & moved on to another gift.
Really, all the girl needs is a bag w/ some tissue paper. She was equally thrilled by this as she was by any of her more thoughtful & expensive gifts. She didn't even want me to show her what was inside, she just threw it over her shoulder & tried to take off.
Tanner & Brooke decorating cupcakes.
Maddie & Jackie decorating too.
Sydney just wanting to eat icing.

Happy about the extra attention.....
Not so happy about the extra attention.....The stage fright took on full affect when it came time to blow out her candle. Its so funny to me because she blows out all the candles in our house (if she can reach them), and at some of our friends houses too. I guess she just couldnt' handle all the pressure!
It was a great party, because she's blessed with such great friends & family that love her dearly.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fire Hunt said...

I can not believe that Sydney is 2. You look so good. We have a new post.
love the Hunt family.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great birthday party Sydney!
~Jackie, D,and Maddie

6:38 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Morgan said...

Happy Birthday Sydney...you are just too adorable for words. I'm so glad your Mommy introduced us in St. Louis.

Love, Great Auntie Kathleen

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home