Thursday, December 06, 2007

Christmas Cuteness

I had off last Friday, so I got out Syd's new sweater in preparation of visiting Jeff at the office later that afternoon.

I took a few shots of her by the tree since Jeff was jealous of our being home together and sent them to him. It turns out, these are going to be the pictures for the card this year-if I even get to doing one.


Since Monday Syd has had 2 major encounters with the floor via her head. She now has to large goose egg bruises and a scraped up eye (I'll post some picts after the first one, I haven't taken more since the 2nd). I thought her eye would turn black, but it didn't'.
A few people suggested putting makeup on her marks, or using photoshop. Both of these sound too painful to me, so she'll have to wear her pretty Christmas dress on Christmas day instead.

Here's a picture a friend sent me of Syd & I at a party last Saturday night. This is the dress I'd intended for her to wear in the pictures this year. She felt so pretty in the dress, and kept fluffing her skirt all night long, twirling, and saying "party dress"! She even wore it to church the next morning too!

Sydney VS Asphalt

Sydney 0
Asphalt 2

Here she is after boo-boo #1. Boo-boo #2 is on the right side of her forehead, so she's got the whole thing covered now. Looks like she's been in a car wreck or something. Not quite, just plain clumsy! The scratches beside her eye formed a nice thick scab that turned black & fell off somewhere today. I think it was when we were at WalMart picking out a sled (yes, we got snow today). Everywhere we go, people comment on her bruises & scrapes. She doesn't seem to notice, unless I'm squeezing her clothes on & off her head. And when she looks in the mirror to brush her teeth, she points & gets all upset like she's ruined for life. I tell her that its getting better & that she needs to be more careful. We say that all the time now, "Be Careful! Be Safe!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Micah and Beth said...

Ouch!!! Poor girl!

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your hair this short!! Its so sassy!!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home