Sunday, July 09, 2006

Favorite PJ's, Sleepy Girl, Dinner Time Fun, and a Lampshade for the Puppy

These are Jeff's favorite pajamas on Sydney. They're like big girl pj's because they're two pieces and aren't footed. She slept like a champ yesterday. Her morning nap was 3 hours and her afternoon nap was 2 hours long! We totally took advantage of the extra time & our house is nearly spotless now!Sydney likes hanging out in the booster chair (we decided against buying a highchair), especially with this super cool toy that spins in front of her. I like it too because it suctions to the tray & its the only toy she can't continuously drop on the ground
When we came home on Monday night we noticed some blood on the floor of our bedroom. It took me a bit to figure out it was Velvet's face. We assumed she'd had an altercation with a possum or a raccoon in the back yard, so I cleaned her off & went to bed. Over the next few days she quit eating her food and the sore on her cheek spread to her neck and eye. She was pretty gross!! We finally took her to the vet on Thursday & it turns out she's got some weird bacteria thing that Jeff can't remember the name of. Apparently its not contagious to us or Sydney or the cat, but she kept scratching it & wouldn't let it heal so she's got to wear this for about two weeks, or until it heals. We have to give her 3 pills 2x's a day...and she loves all the extra cheese that comes with it!
I haven't mentioned this in any of my earlier posts, but Jeff and I have been concerned about Sydney's motorskill development for a few months now. Parent's as Teachers wasn't available to meet with us until August or September (when I was calling back in May), so they referred me to the local Infant & Toddler services. They have physical therapists who will come out & evaluate your child if you have concerns & provide assistance if they qualify. Well....the good news is that Sydney didn't qualify.....but the bad news is that she only passed by 1 percent. She scored 37th percentile in her locomotion development, and 36th would have put is in the program. So, the therapist gave me some suggestions on ways to play with her to help her muscles develop and if she hasn't met her 7 month milestones by the end of her 7th month, then they'll come back out for an evaluation. She also told me that she didn't think Sydney had a hernia at all, but that it is a rather large abdominal diastasis which makes her tummy weak. The diastasis will come together the stronger she gets, and this may be a reason she can't completely roll over both ways unassisted yet. I'm not sure if all of this makes me feel better or worse about her situation, but I know I do feel pretty nervous about doing what is best for her. Jeff has taken this better than I have, and he's encouraging to both Sydney and I. I know I'm probably just a super crazy first time mother, but if you would remember Sydney in your prayers we would really appreciate it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mindy Bobe said...

We'll keep Sydney in our prayers! She's probably fine! Hayden didn't roll over on his own until he was almost 6 months old but he's been right on time with everything else. Don't worry too much about it (though I know it's hard not to being a ftm!) She's so cute in her PJ's! And I wouldn't know what to do if Hayden took naps like that! I'm lucky to get 2 hours in a day out of him!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Mindy Bobe said...

Forgot to tell you, Hayden has that toy too! It's great to take to restaurants because they can't keep throwing it on the nasty floor!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Micah and Beth said...

We'll definately remember your family in our prayers. I bet Syd is just so easy going that she'll get around to it when she feels like it. It looks like she's got some curls coming in! They're adorable! I wonder if her whole head will be filled with curls when she's older?!-beth

1:00 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Thinking of your little lady, Brenna & Jeff!!!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home