Saturday, May 27, 2006

Baby Fever

Sydney has her first little virus. Friday she felt pretty hot, but at first I blew it off since it was so hot outside. She was pretty fussy about taking her naps, and wanted to be held a lot. It turns out she had a temp of 103.4. I promptly gave her some Tylenol, and continued that every 4 hours throughout the night. She threw up twice at 9pm when I was trying to give her the Tylenol(she gags on it because she hates it), so I'm not sure she kept much down then. She got down to 99 at 5am, so I quit giving her the Tylenol until this evening because she was back up to 101. We've had lots of cuddle time, and I'm not being very strict about her schedule right now. I've been letting her sleep when she wants and eat when she wants. With Jeff out of town, I'm not getting much done around the house...but that can wait until my baby feels better. I miss seeing her smile, and really hope she feels better tomorrow. If she's still fevered Monday evening, then I'll be taking her to the doc Tues am instead of going into work. She hasn't reached 105 or above, so we haven't needed to go to the urgent care at Children's Mercy South. Keep us in your thoughts & prayers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mindy Bobe said...

Poor Syd! Sick babies are not fun...I know because we just went through this with Hayden! I hope she feels better soon! She's in our prayers!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home