Sunday, October 08, 2006

Just another day at the Morgan house

The bigger the splash the better for Sydney. Jeff's thrilled with all the long hair she's getting. He loves to brush it & style it after a bath. This is Sydney's way of helping me with the laundry (more like distracting me from all the chores!). Her cheek is pretty red because she took quite a spill about 5 minutes before this. Good thing she has a short term memory!Monday was a very sad & scary day. Sydney had some sort of food poisoning or 24 hour stomach virus. She was at Diane's & woke up from her nap covered in puke. I immediately went to pick her up. She continued to dry heave (I'll spare you the details) until 4pm, when I called Jeff & we decided it was time to take her to urgent care. Not that anything can be done to stop a sick baby from vomiting, but she was beginning to get dehydrated at this point. She was like a little rag doll all limp in my arms. I had spoken with the nurse 3 times prior to see what I should do, but until she quite vomiting for atleast an hour, I couldn't even give her water. Of couse, its magic because as soon as we put her in the car, she quit throwing up. By the time we saw the doctor it was 1 hour 5 minutes & he told us to give her 4-5 ml of fluids every 5 minutes & he'd monitor her for an hour. If she kept it all down, we could go home. She perked up after about 15 minutes of that, and an hour later we were on our way home. In this picture we're in the waiting room just snuggling her.The only thing Syd was interested in while she was sick was Jeff's ear bud. Its her new obsession. Everytime Jeff comes home she immediately grabs for it. Here she is wearing it herself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Huskers said...

Glad Syd is feeling better. I hate that she was sick! Laura says hello (okay technically I am not sure what the heck she is saying!)

Have a great weekend.

Abby

6:57 PM  
Blogger Fire Hunt said...

We have a new post so go see it. Love Travis and Elsie.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home