Tuesday, February 19, 2008

1 month Rewind

Sydney, as of late:
  • Will only eat brown M & M's.
  • Starts any tasks with an "I do it" demand.
  • If she can't do it herself, says "Help me, help me, help me" in a little mouse voice.
  • The sicker she is, the more blankies, or buddies, she requires for sleeping.
    Thinks its thrilling to eat in a "big girl chair" and not her booster seat.
  • When drinking from an open cup, if she tips it too fast & its spills, she gets very sad and starts crying while saying "I made a big mess" (picture her bottom lip fully pushed out).
  • Says "Go Hide" when she's hiding & wants you to find her.
  • Her word for "fork" is insanely obscene & used in public restaurants (replace the "or" with "uc").
  • Loves to watch videos of herself on my phone.
  • Has my morning mantra memorized so when I'm dropping her off, she says to me "I be nice. I share with Nick. I tell Paula I peepee on the potty. Okay."
  • When leaving, or when someone else leaves, says the following "Dood bye. See you later. Asta myiana." (spelled as pronounced)
  • Refuses to brush her teeth 50% of the time.
  • Eats an entire banana when I grocery shop & she sits in the car-cart (they are the first thing we pass & pick up), and then usually another one on the way home.
  • Likes to help me cut coupons from the newspaper.
  • Combines & shortens long words (belly button=bellytin, Debby Lally=Delally, Hickory Dickory=Hicky Dicky, you get the idea).
  • Is daytime potty trained, but has started to say "NO!" when asked if she needs to go potty & its not always true. She always says her panties are "nice & warm & dry" when I check on her.
  • Insists that her baby brother's name is "Peanut"which sometimes sounds like his genitalia.
  • Won't walk outside on snow because its "sippy".
  • Has discovered the Wiggles.
  • Will kiss Jeff obsessively if he makes an Elvis lip.
  • Thinks its funny to run & hide while I'm trying to dress her. I don't think this is funny.
  • Had her first time-out at Paula's 2 weeks ago for hitting Nicholas on the head w/ a toy.
  • Likes to take her interactive babydoll & beat it against the wall (yikes!). The doll thinks this is a clapping sound & will start to clap which just reinforces the beatings (sorry, Peanut).
  • Opens every book & starts reading with "Once upon a time there was a mommy bear, a daddy bear, and a baby bear"

3 Comments:

Blogger Fire Hunt said...

How old is she now. How are you doing? Are you home now?

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear all the exciting details about sydney growing up. It is so wonderful to see you enjoy her growing up. Gram

3:50 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Ahhh, I feel much better having gotten my blog update! I laughed out loud to these adorable little Sydney characteristics. I love the, "I be nice, I share.." how adorable! THANKS AGAIN for the Bday gift! I'm SO EXCITED and Happy Eater KC Morgans!
Love~Aunt Meghan

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home