Wednesday, April 30, 2008

33 weeks, you've got to be kidding me!

Here's what pregnancy weekly has to say:


How your baby's growing: This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark(actually, at my last ultrasound in March he weighed over 4 lbs. Sydney measured big & wasn't, so I'm not worried. Its probably his extra large head throwing off the chart. Syd's extra large head is a cute one, so here's hoping his is as well!). He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

And if Jeff would blog, here's what he would have to say:
My wife snores like a grizzly bear when she's pregnant. Two nights ago I had to sleep on the basement couch just to get away from the noise. I really think its sad when the baby gets the hiccups & don't like to feel that. I wish Brenna would go ahead and agree on his name, this is getting ridiculous! I've had my mind made up for months now.
And my 2 cents:

I really like being pregnant, despite the waddling & backaches, not to mention the weight gain. I'm flabergasted at how fast this one has gone by. I totally feel like he's low & trying to come out already. I have braxton hicks contractions all the time, and have actually had a few hard-core contractions (you know, the ones that are like bombs going off inside you), but nothing to get excited about....its WAY too early for that. He's quite responsive to poking & prodding and will kick back & play with me most of the time. Having a being inside you is such a crazy & remarkable thing. I'm a little freaked out about not having everything ready by the time he gets here, but babies don't care & so I know he'll be fine.

Here are some "in progress" picts of his room. I'm putting together his closet, so the rooms a bit messy right now.

I forgot to have Jeff take a belly pict of me last night, but I'll post one soon. I guess its been quite a while since I took one. I was looking back & it was around 26 weeks last time. Man, I'm huge now compared to that!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Fire Hunt said...

The room it looking good!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Meghan said...

CUTE room! Baby boy will love the blue room, I really like the blankey.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home