Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Brody's First Week

Today Brody is 12 days told. Part of me is still shocked that he's here already & even more shocked how fast this is all going by. Maybe its because every single task isn't a joyfully painful learning experience, as it is with your first child, that has made the last 12 days just fly.

Here are a few random picts from his first week home. I don't get picture ready most days, so there aren't really any of me in the mix. When I'm alone w/ both kids, I don't have a free hand or a free minute to snap a pict of my cuties, so I'm sorely disappointed in the volume of my picture taking. However, we are taking Brody in for newborn picts on Friday, so hopefully we'll get some good family shots too.

Brody & Papa
My dad was kind enough to come & stay with us for 6 days. This was unbelievably helpful since I was in the hospital for 4 of these days. Brody had a little jaundice his first 9 days out, but not enough that he needed the light treatment. You can really tell by his color in the picture below. This is why in the last post by Jeff we had him outside in is diaper. We really weren't going for "White Trash Family of the Year", but indirect sunlight helps break down the bilirubin.


Brody going down for the count.....its hard to tell with him sometimes, because he likes to sleep with his eyes slightly open-totally freaks me out! Jeff does it sometimes too!
Brody & I both down for the count. He's had his days & nights confused a bit, but last night he let me sleep for 6 hours straight! I thought this was remarkable since every night prior to this he's been wanting to eat every 2.5 hours! This cute little elephant is going to be Brody's Baby Parade marker. Jeff took this pict when he was 5 days old.
More sleeping....
First bath at home...and he's not a fan. This picture is the only one where the family jewels aren't wildly flashing the camera. They were still pretty raw, so we couldn't cover them up with a washcloth yet. Our little man hardly ever cries (I know this may/will change), except for when cold (bathtime & some changings). To get my attention or protest a situation he makes this grunting noise that reminds me of a baby goat.
Sydney was happy to help with the bath & show him how to splash the water. Can you tell she's a proud big sis?My BP is still dropping & so is my level of medication, so this is good. Doc thinks one more week & I won't even need the meds. Brody was back up to his birthweight by week one, so he's well ahead of schedule. His umbilical cord fell off a few days ago, and I think its healed up enough to give him a tub bath.

I've put my work search on "hold" for the next few weeks, and I can feel myself growing pickier each moment I'm home with my two kids. This 7 month break is going to make it extra hard to go back to work, especially to a new job with new people & all new stuff to learn. Hopefully I'll be able to fit back into my old suits next month so I can start interviewing again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fire Hunt said...

I love the photos. Good to hear that you and baby is doing good.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

He is simply adorable!

What kind of job are you looking for, Brenna?

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home