Saturday, July 31, 2010

March 2010

We took the kids to see Disney on Ice. Really it was more for Sydney than for Brody, but B was still under 2 and free, so we brought him along.

I took Syd to Sheer Madness to get all gussied up for the event. They did her hair like Cinderella at her request, and painted her nails and put on lots of glittery makeup. She felt like she was getting ready for the ball, or her wedding, or something HUGE like that. It was pretty cute how serious she took it.
She got to see all the princesses at the pre-show event.

This picture makes me giggle....striking a pose.


The next day we were snowed in, so I just cuddled with the kids on the couch. I think I smother Brody too much....he looks a little annoyed with me here.
But how could I ever resist this little doll face????Mr. Fix It
He goes into the battery drawer and gets out the little screwdrivers and pretends he's fixing toys. Guess he's seen me change a battery or two on some beloved toys.


This is what I love about having babes in the house....they're allowed to get away with showing so much more skin than we are! If Jeff went outside in his undies with nothing else on but tennis-shoes and a rain coat, I'd sign us up for marriage counseling! But, when my kids do it, I grab the camera.




Kitty, formerly known as Sweet Pea, or "Maow-maow" by Brody
Kitty and Brody had a special bond. He's the only one who truly loved that cat. Honestly, he is an animal lover...no matter where we go who who's animal it is.
We had to put ole'Kitty down in June. She was 17 years old, if memory serves, and was losing her sight....had trouble finding her food and water. I hope we provided her a good and loving home. She will be missed (but not too badly-isn't that awful!). We have a neighbor cat that looks just like her and she's an outdoor cat, so the kids can play with her whenever they want.
It totally looks like Brody is nursing this baby doll-LOL!
I keep telling Sydney that she needs to be super nice to Brody because one day he'll be bigger than her and then its payback time.....its all fun and games for now though.

Brody thought he could fit in this little basket with the kitty, but it left him covered with hair so it was a "No-No!".
And...this is Brody after being told "No-No!" by Mommy.
When I say this, it makes me sound like a bad mom, but whatever.....My kids LOVE McDonald's and will do almost anything for it. Its not that they love the food so much, but the whole Happy Meal experience must just do it for them.

I can use McD's to bribe them into being good, cleaning the house, riding in the car for 9 hours, taking shots at the doc, being good at the dentist...almost anything imaginable.



2 Comments:

Blogger Fire Hunt said...

the video was so cute!

8:13 PM  
Blogger JC said...

toxoplasmosis! drooping/swollen top eyelids. Please have your lovely children checked by a doctor.

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home