Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sydney's Glasses

So, we officially got Syd's glasses on Friday afternoon. I was a little nervous that it was going to be a long weekend of battling her over them, but my wonderful daughter amazed us by not complaining once. I think the trouble at first in the office is that they were teaching her the proper way to put them on, take them off, & put them away all by herself. She's just not quite ready for that yet, so as long as one of us do it for her all is good. Her favorite part of having glasses is putting them to bed each night in thier "suit case".

I tried to get some side shots so you could check out the decor on the sides of the arms. Miss Liz, our glass consultant, said that this new trend is all the rave.
I've been getting asked a lot how we knew she needed glasses at such a young age. It started more than a year ago that she would close one eye while she was eating, or sometimes when she was talking with someone sitting beside her. Or, I would catch her looking at her food cross eyed. Doc said she's farsighted & that she was having double vision when she focused up close. Her Rx is not a strong one, 1.5 in both eyes, but I guess it was enough that I don't see her crossing anymore. Doc also said that everyone is born farsighted, some more than others, and that this adjusts with age. He anticipated that she'd outgrow the need for glasses at around 9 or 10 years of age.
Brody got his first tooth yesterday. I haven't got a picture of this razor in his drooly mouth yet, but I'll try again tomorrow. He's obsessed with running his tongue over it and I can't get him to move it so I can see the tooth very often.

4 Comments:

Blogger Fire Hunt said...

She is so cute!

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the glasses! And yay, Brody, a tooth! Lots of hugs to you guys!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

She looks beautiful as always and definately ALL GROWN UP. Very sophisticated young lady.
Hope you had a wonderful birthday/week/month. Miss you KC Morgans!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Mindy Bobe said...

She looks so cute in her glasses!!! And congrats on the first tooth Brody! Maybe now Mom will let you eat some Halloween candy lol!

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home