Monday, December 05, 2005

Doctor Appointment @ 33 Weeks, 5 Days

I was a little worried going into today's visit. We drove to St Louis on Friday night and after 4 hours in the car my ankles were a bit puffy. I know pregnant women retain water & get puffy, but it hadn't happened to me yet so I was a bit caught off guard. Also, my wedding ring felt a bit tight. I took it easy on Saturday & mostly just rested hoping the swelling would go away. I felt fine-no other symptoms. On Sunday I went Christmas shopping with Meghan and my ring felt even tighter. So....I was very happy that everything was fine at today's visit. My swelling is down and I took my wedding ring off just in case it happens again. No protein in my urine. My BP was elevated a bit the first time, but normal on the 2nd reading. My external measurements were at 35 weeks, the same as last week. The ultrasound measured her at approx. 5 lbs 6 oz today, which is a little bit above the 50th percentile. However...they are known to be way off on these estimates. Apparently I was having some contractions while I was being monitored, but I didn't notice them at all. This was the first time anything like that had registered, so I was a bit surprised. Wouldn't it be nice if all my contractions were that unnoticeable!!!!

I went to the gym earlier today, so please excuse my attire, but here's my belly today:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home