Thursday, April 26, 2007

April Showers bring May Flowers

One of Sydney's new thing is "feeding" her baby. Apparently this pretend play is a measurable milestone, so I'm happy to see her passing & enjoying it.And, her baby doesn't just get a bottle. She also gets fed crackers before bed. And in the morning, when I make Jeff's lunch, Sydney has learned that cheese goes on the sandwiches. As soon as she sees me take it from the fridge, she says "CHEESE!!!" with a big grin on her face, and she eats it while sharing with her baby. Her baby is almost as well fed as she is.Sydney also makes sure that all of Baby's leftovers are taken care of.
We went to the park almost every day last week. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't really say the same about this week, hence the title of this blog. Sydney doesn't have the guts to go down this big slide by herself yet, even if I am coaching her at the bottom, but she likes to tease me from the top.
She also loves to spin this wheel thing at the top of the playground, but she doesn't like to share the wheel with any smaller kids. For the big kids, she'll happily get out of the way and come looking for Mommy.



Anyone who has been to the park with us knows that Sydney isn't fond of walking on rocks, mulch, or grass. She's good on any inside surface, or cement. She would stand like she was frozen and wait for me to come hold her hand. Well, I'm happy to say that we've pass that little phase. She'll happily run along any outside surface now. The below pictures document her breaking out of that shell...see the worried look on her face?
After playing at the park, she's quite a dirty girl-she's been leaving a ring around the tub some nights! I'd never bathed with her before, but I thought it might be fun. She splashes so much, that I get pretty soaked even when I'm not in the tub with her.

2 Comments:

Blogger the hortons said...

Brenna,

Sydney is gorgeous! Her hair is absolutely beautiful. What a lucky girl! You guys look like you had fun at the park. It's always good to take advantage of such perfect weather. Have a great weekend!

Nanthida

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure love your updates. Sydney looks like a real toddler in that photo of her walking at the park. You don't have a litttle baby anymore. Love Gram

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home