Thursday, May 03, 2007

Sydney @ 15 months

We had Sydney's 15 month doc appt last week. Apparently she now associates the doc's office with shots. She had fun playing in the waiting room with Tanner-who just happened to be there for his 18 month appointment at the same time as us-neat! She did not have fun getting naked & weighed or measured. She had fun reading books with me while waiting for Slaymaker. She did not have fun once he entered the room. She absolutely HATED having her ears and mouth looked into and her privates inspected. Everyone was perfectly nice, and we love our ped's office, but Sydney has learned that when someone comes into the room with the paper table, that means shots and she starts her protest immediately. She clings to me and holds on for dear life. Once the shots were over, she cried for a minute, and then it was over. Not really worth all the effort spent on preparation. So, I decided to get her first milkshake on the way home so she can start to associate something more pleasant with going to the doc's office.
Here are her stats:
Weight: 23 lbs 3 oz 50%
Length: 31 in 70%
Head: 18 1/2 in 77%
Shoe: size 5 (we had to buy her new shoes last week, so she was measured at Stride Rite, not at the doc's)
Baby Parade @ 15 months:
When we came home from kindermusik tonight, I sat Syd down for her picture in the chair with the lamb. She was all happy when she had a book to read, then Mean Mommy took the book away and expected her to smile for the picture.....this is the face I got! For everyone who thinks Sydney is well-mannered all the time.....that's not entirely true. I'm afraid she has inherited my trait for temper-tantrums. I was awful when I was little....just ask my folks. There was a calendar with a reward system & everything. I think it lasted until 3rd or 4th grade. When she gets mad, she looks me right in the eye, grinds her teeth, and yells. Its not pretty!With her book back, she's content again.To make sure the tears were gone, we did the Itsy-Bitsy Spider. We took a break for pj's and she was ready for smiles.We like to call this "Chair Surfing"
Last week we had out her baby swing from little Camryn Talcott's visit (brettsarahtalcott.blogspot.com) Sydney discovered it and demanded "UP!" to be put in. I guess it can still hold her weight...because its still in one piece, and she loved it! She was snuggling with the pillow and looking up at the mirror and flying butterflies. (Yes that is a bottle in her hand, but no she doesn't drink from one. She was feeding her baby just before this)I snapped this picture really quick before we left this morning. Its still raining every day here, and the humidity is out of control. I feel like I'm back in Florida. It has made her curls so tight that the ringlets are wrapping around themselves. Its so darn cute!

I have tons of video to post, but our computer isn't being cooperative. Its not recognizing that the camcorder is plugged in. I'll try again tomorrow & will hopefully have better luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home