Friday, July 13, 2007

Beach with Mi-na and Jamie

Our first Sunday morning in Florida we decided to play hookie from church and commune with God in a more natural setting.....brunch on the beach. Sydney hadn't been to the beach since she was 6 months old, so this was quite a different experience for her.

If it weren't for the big ole' fat guy in the background, this picture would be postcard worthy!Sydney decided that was about as close to the gulf as she wanted to get without Mommy holding her. Thank goodness for water shoes. They worked wonders in the hot sand! My time at the beach is spent much differently than when I frequented here in my youth. I'd forgotten how much fun burying yourself in sand and making castles can be.
It wasn't long before Sydney's newly found love of the sand was contagious and Mom and Jamie joined in the fun. Every time we asked Syd to say "Grandma" she would say Mi-na (mee-na), so for now my mom's name is Mi-na. I'm pretty sure we were all covered in sand for days on end, and we probably brought some home between our toes and in our bathing suites.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of Sydney on the beach. Just photo shot that fat guy out of the picture. It is great and frame worthy.
Looks like you guys had a fun time!

Kelly Yoder

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home