Sunday, May 06, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Seriously, we had a monsoon this weekend. It just won't quit raining. We now have mushrooms growing in our yard because its so freakin' wet! The sun hasn't been out much, so the next 2 pictures are kinda dark-hope you can see them.

This is the new river running down our street.Jeff went out to the creek across the street to take some pictures. Most were too dark to post, but you can tell from this one that the creek had class 3 & 4 rapids from the flash flood.

So, needless to say, we spent the weekend indoors. Sydney played with all her favorite toys. Here she is with her LeapPad which she prefers to just turn on & off instead of reading the books that came with it.Her red car is back in working order after being low on batteries for several weeks. I couldn't take the out of tune music anymore!
Of all the fancy toys Syd has, my cell phone is still one of the favorite. She'd love to get her sticky little hands on the camera too, but Mommy has won all these battles so far.

Sydney was happy to join Jeff on the couch and cheer for the men's volleyball championship. She didn't care which team scored, she clapped and squealed every time anyone scored. She started running a fever last night, and its still hanging around. Looks like tomorrow will be a sick day off work for me....darn! (I secretly love any excuse to stay home with my girl, even if she isn't feeling well). She wanted to be held a lot today, so the only picture I could take was while I was holding her (hence, I chopped off the top half of her head). Here she is trying to tell me that she has boogies in her nose. She either sticks her finger up there to let me know, or she starts blowing it out while I run to get a tissue. She's getting pretty good at communicating her needs, and if she doesn't know the words for what she wants she finds a way to get her point across. She could play a mean game of charades.

Good news! We've successfully loaded weeks worth of video onto the computer. Now we just have hours of editing to do-yikes. Hopefully I'll get some up in the next few days. Stay tuned....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home