Friday, July 13, 2007

American Cutie

Happy Belated Independence Day!!!! We started our 4th by going to see my cousin Aaron in the Lenexa parade. To our surprise, Sydney was very into it! She danced to the marching bands, and she squealed for the horses, she "beep beeped" for all the cars, trucks, and toy-vehicles, and she "whooo-whooooed" for the firetrucks. She was even so polite to scream "HI!" and wave to the politicians driving by. Of course, like all good parents do, we forgot our camera.

We let her have her first candy at the parade, and sure enough she stained her little patriotic "American Cutie" shirt. Brown Tootsie Roll drool over the front. Then, to top it all off, I had a pink "adult beverage" that she tried to drink from and got a few bright droplets down the front of the shirt. So.....the below pictures aren't the best, but there the only ones we took of her in her shirt especially purchased for this day & this day alone.(PS-yes, we are a little trashy at times & let our kid run outside w/out pants on!)
That night we went to the Trachsel's for festivities. Brooke planned a wonderful little craft for the kiddos, which they totally didn't appreciate as much as the parents did. Here's Jeff documenting my attempt to not get blue glitter glue all over my clothes. There was so much paint on the kiddos, wipies wouldn't do the trick. Aren't they going to love this picture when they're teenagers!!!Holding my baby & playing with fire. Not my brightest parental moment.
This was our one attempt to take a family picture for the albums, and I burned myself in the middle of it. See how far away I am holding it? Well, the ****ing sparkler jumped out & landed on my index finger & thumb. Here I'm sure I'm cussing & Jeff is making sure I'm okay. The 2 burned spots turned black immediately, but didn't blister. They ended up not being so bad, but it sure hurt for an hour or so.
It was 9pm when Sydney got to bed. She was EXHAUSTED!!! See her dazed look below?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home