Saturday, June 28, 2008

Brody at 1 month

I was playing around with the camera & Brody during Sydney's nap one afternoon. The result is below. I'd really like to take a class on photography & learn how to use Photoshop, so maybe I'll take advantage of my time off work & see if I can find a summer class. I haven't Photoshopped any of these, its just the raw stuff. I barely have time to get this blog up, let alone edit pictures ahead of time!








Brody didn't like the swing the first week or two, but it gets a lot of use these days as long as he's in the swinging position & not the rocking position.

This is the only bath picture that didn't have his twig & berries in the shot. He loves baths & being naked afterwards. This is when he does most of his coo-ing.Big Sister & Baby Brother

Brody Parade:
5 days1 month
At Brody's 1 month check up, here were his stats:
  • 10 lbs 8 oz (up from 7 lbs 2.8 oz on 5/28), 75th%
  • 22 1/4 in long, 75th%
  • 15 in head circumference, 50th%

I was surprised to learn that his head was only in the 50th percentile, since that was always Sydney's largest measurement. But, it totally makes sense since it took me an hour & 45 min to push her out & only 15 min to push him out!

I described Brody's episodes to the doc & he thought it sounded like reflux, especially how he arches his back & holds his breath. He doesn't typically prescribe meds for reflux unless the baby is having trouble gaining weight (which he's definitely not), but since he got all "squirrly" on us & had to be checked out he gave us an Rx. I was hopeful we were past the episodes, & if not that the meds would help ensure that. Much to my dismay, we're not (read the end of the post).


A common site in our house. He usually falls asleep while being burped & I don't want to give him up afterwards.
Brody's first big walk outside in the double stroller.


Tummy time on the play mat I call this the baby gym. I have the ladybug & the duck hanging just right for him to hit them while kicking & swinging his limbs around. He gets all excited when the music starts & the light show mesmerizes him. When it stops, he starts kicking & swinging again.
The ladybug is by far his favorite (or he's extremely preferential to his right side, but its pretty early for that to emerge). He got ahold of it here & managed to get a leg into his mouth. He wasn't really sure what to do with it after that, so he swung & the music light show started again.

Prayer request:


Brody had another chocking episode yesterday. I was home by myself & Sydney was napping. I held him for a while after feeding him, and then laid him down for his nap propped on the couch next to me. I got up for a second, and it must have been just long enough for him to spit up a considerable amount. I heard a weird noise, turned back to look at him and saw that his nose & mouth were full & his eyes were bulging. I picked him up, flipped him over, and started what has come to be my normal ritual of fixes. He would cry & gasp for air from his mouth, but when he tried to breath from his nose he couldn't because it was totally full of spit up, or whatever mucusy stuff comes up when these episodes happen. This went on for the better part of 30 minutes, gradually getting better & better each time he screamed & tried to breathe. He never went more than 5 seconds without taking a breath, so I assured myself that he was okay since the docs have said 15-20 seconds is okay for an infant. Still, its awful to see him struggling so bad. Now Jeff and I are a little nervous about laying him down to sleep, so we slept last night with his bouncy chair in our bed & he was propped up on his side in the sleep positioner. This seems really high maintenance, and I'm totally in to low-maintenance babies, but this is the only solution we were comfortable with enough to go to sleep ourselves. Besides being a little cramped in bed, the night went fine & was the same as normal as far as his waking up.


I'm sure he'll outgrow this, but we've been keeping him by one of our sides, or in our arms, at all times. Please keep our little man in your prayers so we can avoid any more of these horrific episodes & all get a good nights sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fire Hunt said...

Tylar had that to and he was 2 when we got him off the meds. I hope you can find some meds that work we had a hard time finding one.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Mommy K said...

Brody looks more and more like Jeff with each picture...adorable!

Will say a little prayer for the choking episodes to end-how scary.

Hugs to you all!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home