Friday, July 25, 2008

Family Time

2 weeks ago it was VBS. Technically Sydney was 6 months too young for the 3 year old class, but they were nice enough to make an exception for her since I was co-MC and help with decorations. The week really took a toll on all 4 of us, but she had so much fun that it was well worth it. One of the little treats she brought home from class was this crown w/ her name on it. She hasn't taken it off since! Seriously, she wears it every minute!
My cousin Lauren married Larry last Saturday. It was a beautiful wedding, but weddings can be tricky with two kids! You just never know when one of them won't be able to keep quiet & have an outburst, so we sat in the back near an exit door just in case.
Here Katelyn (Syd's 2nd cousin I believe??) helps her pull rose petals off for decoration.
Addie Sue helped decorate too.
Sydney pushing her buddy around. They are still as close as ever. I think she's going to be one of those kids who takes her blankie with her to college!
The cousins playing a little b-ball
After Lauren's wedding we went to a KC Explorers Tennis event. It was a first for the 4 of us. Reece (my little step-bro for those who don't know) is big time into tennis. He got to meet the Bryan Brothers & owner Mel...I think this was the highlight of his trip to KC!
Brody got a little bath time. He sure loves to be naked & sudsy!
He just talked & talked to me afterwards. My dad was quick with the camera & grabbed a few shots of him cooing & a-gooing a way. Too bad the video camera wasn't handier.
(You'll have to excuse me, I'd just gotten out of the shower myself. Nothing more humbling than seeing yourself w/ all your baby-weight, no makeup & wet hair!)

Papa enjoying a little Brody time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Are you kidding, woman? You look great! He is gorgeous- I love it when they find their voice (not the crying one!) and they start cooing- it's awesome. You have a beautiful family!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

that's a cute baby! sorry we haven't been out to see him yet! he looks alot like jeff, that's for sure. congrats on the new addition. hope you guys are doing well!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Fire Hunt said...

It was so good to see all of you.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home