Thursday, July 17, 2008

Independence Day

We went to St Louis to celebrate the 4th. The kids had a blast at the parade. They awaited the firetrucks with plugged ears.They waived their flags in celebration.They ate so much candy they puked. Okay, only Sydney puked. She's always been a puker at the slightest little thing. She bumps her head & pukes. She cries & pukes. She tries a new food she doesn't like & pukes. She takes too big of a bite & pukes. And, as of this past 4th, she eats too much candy & pukes. Thankfully I packed a backup dress in the diaper bag so she didn't have to wear the puke clothes home. The people's yard we'd borrowed for the morning were nice enough to lend us a hose to clean up the brightly colored mess. I felt like such a bad parent! Who lets their kid eat so much candy that she pukes! I honestly didn't realize she'd had that much, jeeze!Brody peacefully enjoyed the trees above the parade, puke free. Cold or not, here I come. The girls enjoyed a freezing wading pool.After some encouragement, Trevor joined the fun.Aunt Meghan does such a good job keeping the kids happy & out of trouble. Maybe she should have come with us to the parade so we didn't let Syd eat so much candy!
And this is exactly why we don't do ketchup in our house! Our view of the fireworks. This was Sydney's first year going & she loved them. She asked for them constantly for the next 3 days & made everyone look up at the sky in search of them.

They are growing up so fast! Trevor taught Sydney how to use his Leap Pad. She loved it so much there is probably going to be one in our house soon.
I played a little game called "baby-in-my-lap Mario Cart"! I'm pretty bad at it when I use two hands. so you imagine how comical my driving was with just one hand!
We didn't eat any watermelon on the 4th, and its just not Independence Day without it, so we carved some up when we got home. Its the new hot item on Sydney's favorite foods list.

These pair are now known as Jeff & Little Jeff.
My beautiful brown eyed girl.

1 Comments:

Blogger the hortons said...

I cannot believe the resemblance between Brody and his Dad! Have you done the look a like meter yet?

Sydney is getting so big! She is a doll-baby! And don't worry or feel like a horrible parent, I have a puker too! I like to think every family has one.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home