Saturday, August 30, 2008

Brody at 3 months

This is my big man stretching out during a diaper change tonight. Its amazing how much he's changing. This is when it really starts to get fun! He's sleeping better, laughing more, and smiling all the time. He really loves his family, even his crazy sister! He just gives us the best smiles & just brightens up our home.
Brody at 5 days
1 month

2 months

3 months


I weighed my little man today on the home scale & he was 15.2 lbs. We don't have a doc appt till he's 4 months, so that will have to do for now. I haven't measured him yet, but hopefully I'll get around to it tomorrow while we play hookie from church.

Brody diddies:

  • Slept for 8 hours last night. Hooray! What's amazing about that is that we've been "crying it out" for a week now & his sleep had been progressively getting worse & worse. I think this is because he has a bad habit of swallowing air when he's fussy which gives him chest pain until he's burped. I wimped out & decided that this wasn't making any of our lives better (completely opposite of how I was with Sydney). I held him for about 2 minutes (that's how long it took him to fall asleep since he's exhausted from the week of not sleeping well) and he was out until 5:30 this morning!
  • He still takes a binkie when falling asleep, but it is a very brief affair & we pretty much limit it to the bed now.
  • He thinks Sydney is the coolest thing since sliced bread. I predict this interest increasing for the next 3-5 years.
  • He sleeps in his carseat, which we place in his bed. I think this sounds totally unorthodox, but it actually came at the recommendation of our nurse. I discharged the idea when first presented to me, but after I got off my high-horse & tried it I was impressed. It really seems to be the trick for him. It helps him not do that "I'm falling from outer-space" jump when I lay him down & must help his reflux (which I'm still not convinced he has because the medicine doesn't seem to make a difference-and thus I often forget to give it to him until he's already asleep)
  • He is such a trooper during bathtime with Sydney. I've been amazed since day 1 how calm & relaxed he is in the water. Maybe he's the next Michael Phelps! I bought a new mesh bath chair for him so its easier for them to bathe together. He slides off of it, wasn't a great purchase, but it works as long as I keep a hand on him at all times (which I should do anyway in a big tub with a big sister splashing around).
  • His evening fussiness went away while we were in Florida & he started sleeping right through dinner time. He would actually sleep 7-8 hours then, but it started too early for me to count it as "night sleep"
  • He is totally ticklish nearly everywere, but especially under his chin & around his collar bones, on his ribs, and the tops of his thighs.
  • I think he totally has a blankie already. I know, I'm breaking all the rules this time. I drape a blanket over him while he's in his chair at night, just over his bottom half, I admit it. He prefers this chenille green blanket, that actually used to be Sydneys. It was one of the only non-pink things I could re-use. If he's awake when I give it to him he eagerly grabs it & rubs it on his mouth. He does not do this with any other blankets. We'll see if it sticks, but its pretty cute for now.


I love my boy & can't get enough of him & those soft little cheeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home