Monday, March 20, 2006

Sydney's 2 Month Check Up

Sunday morning we went to Ihop for breakfast. (we played hookie from church) We just think she's so darn cute that we take pictures of her for no reason all day long! Her neck is strong enough now that she likes to pull back and look around when you're holding her.
Jeff was trying to photograph her smiling, but was too late and got this "deer in the headlights" look instead.
Finally, one if us had a camera when she was smiling. Of course, its while being fed...and she loves food. She always makes "bedroom" eyes at her daddy. They're so in love!What a chunky little monkey!!! Can you see the milk dripping all over her?





I took Sydney for a walk last week. It was nice outside, but windy so I bundled her up in her little Zoe outfit.
Lilypie Baby Ticker

Sydney turned 2 months old on Saturday. I took her in for her 2 month check up & booster shots today. She is 75th% in all 3 areas: 11lbs 11oz, 23" long, and head circ. 15 3/4". So, I guess that means her body is catching up w/ her noggin. She was not a fan of the shots. She got 2 in each thigh and has been pretty tired ever since. She had her first Tylenol right before, and I gave her another dose tonight. I was surprised at how big the needles were for someone so small! She looked right at me as the first one went in, I was holding her head as she lay on the table and had my pinky ready to insert like a pacifier, and she let out a giant scream. It was such a sad cry, and I could tell that she was pretty scared. Her little mouth was open so wide with the cries that she didn't even find my pinky to comfort her. The nurse finished quickly, and I scooped her up off the table to comfort her. A few big crocodile tears, some pinky sucking, and some rocking, and she was just fine. Jeff was pretty worried about her, so he held her most of this evening. She went to bed pretty fast, so I think she was just ready for this day to be over. Everything else was on par with her development. Her umbilical hernia is still there, but no biggie. She's not rashy from the baby acne anymore, and the cradle cap is gone. However, she does have the waxiest ears I've ever seen, and the doc agreed with me. He said its not a problem, just makes it harder for him to see in there. I guess she gets the waxieness from Jeff. Although, I do remember Jamie having some ear wax issues when he was little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home