Saturday, August 30, 2008

While Jeff was in surgery.....

This is what the kids & I did on Friday while Jeff was having his hernia repaired:


Batting practice: These are some mad skills shown below! Watch out MLB, here she comes!
Choking up on the bat
Notice Syd's perfect form. Can you tell her mother's been the one coaching her!

Bam! Its outta here!
Oh, maybe not. Should I go get it?
(This is how far most of her hits go. Sometimes the "T" goes with it)She thinks this is so funny! I don't know what to do about it. She starts giggling every time she sticks her finger in her nose & its so contagious that we all start giggling too. Not really the way to curb the behavior. I tell her its gross & it makes her hands dirty & spreads germs....she couldn't care less about any of those things.

If at first you don't succeed.....(talk to the ball)
Try & try again! Contact!
Running around the bases, or rather the piles of grass Jeff started to thatch before deciding it didn't agree with his hernia.I love action shots, they make me giggle.Sydney's finally starting to show some interest in pedaling herself. Many of her peers got this a while back, buy my girl's been perfectly happy to be pushed around effortlessly since getting the trike at Christmas. She tends to get caught up in turning the trike with her feet instead of using them for motion & her hands for turning.Litter Bug! BTW: Sydney woke up this morning & picked out her own clothes. I usually give her options, but she beat me to it this time. She also aided me in her hair style, so its a little on the wild side. She's little miss Independent about tasks, but not so much into being away from us for long amounts of time. Her separation anxiety kicked in again when Brody came along. Brody chilled in his bouncy chair during Syd's batting practice. We LOVE this bouncy chair & used it a TON when Syd was little too. For any of you new or expecting moms that check this blog-this is a MUST have! I know its a little on the girlie side with its birds & butterflies, but I keep assuring myself its okay since its primarily yellow & blue. This little birdie is one of his favorite friends. He gets all 4 limbs going when I make it spin around & he often talks to it in quite in depth conversations.So, we're pretty much living in the basement right now since Jeff is fairly immobile. Both my kids took HUGE afternoon naps today, so I took this opportunity to snooze a little myself. Syd was naughty this morning & lost her buddy as punishment. Lucky for me it was perfect for my snooze. Jeff thought it was just too funny & snapped this pict.

At times, Sydney does such a wonderful job of taking on her big sister role. Here's my kids on the bed while I got dressed for the day. She's "reading" Brody a sticker book of Mickey Mouse.Syd was randomly coloring at the island while I fixed dinner. I heard her say, "Look, Momma. "S" for Sydney." I looked over & sure enough, she'd drawn an "S". I didn't think anyone would believe me, so I snapped a pict. Unfortunately, she'd proceeded to scribble over it before I got the camera out. Do you see it below? Not sure if this was entirely intentional or not, but I was pretty impress nonetheless, as any mother would be.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

They're both growing up SO quickly! I think Sydney did a wonderful job with her little outfit and hair. I think that looks like a very deliberate S and much better handwriting than mine! I hope Jeff is in less pain today. Take care KC Morgans!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope Jeff has recovered quickly. Sydney's hair is just too adorable! You must have tons of fun w/ it! Looks like weather in KC was great. Hope all is well. Take care you four!
Love, G&D

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home