Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Last weekend: my leg & the kiddos

On Friday I had a varicose vein in my left leg fixed. Basically, they go in from the bottom with a catheter & laser it from the top. The vein collapses & becomes obsolete-problem solved. However, the part of the vein that was visible & all stretched out had to come out. I'll spare you the details, but the doc was wrestling my calf for a good 20 min trying to get all the bad vein out through tiny little incisions. I was VERY glad I was numbed up well.

I had to wear a multi-layer pressure wrap on my leg until Monday morning, so that meant no showering. It was so thick & tight that I felt like I had a cast on. I was also supposed to keep it elevated to chest level & only get up once an hour to use the bathroom or get something to eat. Yeah, that was pretty tricky! Here, Sydney is decorating it with stickers to help my boo-boo get better. Syd was really impressed because it was the biggest band aid she's ever seen & she's really into band aids.
And like all boo-boos in our house, kisses were needed.
Last week I got out the exersaucer for Brody (aka Bubba, or BaBaBooie) He's got pretty good head control, but a little wobbly around his trunk, so I padded him with a blanket.

I was super surprised to see him reaching for the toys & interacting with it so much. He LOVES it, and I LOVE that he loves it! What did moms do before these things????


Sydney being a little mommy. Her baby is in the exersaucer & wolfie is getting a binkie.

This is exactly why I can't cut her hair. Seriously, she's 2 1/2 and never had a trim! I'm not sure whats going to happen. Its ridiculously long & gets mad tangles every day. I think I'd just ball for days if I cut the curls off.
Look how crazy long this ringlet is!
Jeff doing his bedtime duties. As a side note to you parents out there-if you ever have trouble getting your little ones to put their pj's on, just get them glow-in-the-dark pj's. Syd LOVES these & never protests one bit on the nights she gets to wear them.And, this is my leg today. The little strip marks are where the incisions are from pulling out the bad vein. I'm impressed that I'm not bruised more since the nurse told me to expect to be blue from my hip to my toes. I am sore from my hip to my toes, but its fairly mild & livable. I wear a support stocking 24/7 till further instructions on Friday's follow up visit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Yikes woman! Hope you get to feeling better soon!
I'm hoping Emerson's curls turn out like Syds, they're just too darn cute. I don't blame you for not wanting to cut her hair!

Dude- excersaucers are worth their weight in gold. I guess before exersaucers, there were those ones with wheels and we went plummeting down flights of stairs!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Fire Hunt said...

The kids are going so big and I love Syds hair.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home