Thursday, March 23, 2006

Baby Parade @ 2 Months

So...its not much of a parade yet, since we've only got two months under out belt. But, its a start. Maybe its just the mom in me, but I can really see a difference between the two pictures. Her cheeks are just as chubby, but she's a lot longer. She's grown 4 inches since birth and gained 4 lbs and 1 oz. One of the most noticeable things to me is the color of her skin. She may have had a little jaundice left in the 1st month's picture, but she was definitely more red & irritated than she is today. Her skin has really cleared up & is all peaches & cream now.

1 month2 months I wasn't good enough to get her smiling in the chair, but she perked right up when I went to change her diaper. One of her favorite times to interact is when she's on her changing table. I can't figure out why this is. My guess is that she's closer to our faces so she can see us better. Plus, she likes anywhere she can stretch out and move around.
Like I said before, she LOVES to play on her changing table. This was after bath night tonight. She swings both her arms like she's getting ready to take off, and kicks her legs like a crazy woman. She also loves to be naked-- if she's warm enough. If not, she'll let you know all about it!
This picture was taken right in the middle of an "aa-gooo". I wish I would have had my camcorder instead of the still camera, because she was so talkative.
In the past several days we've noticed her watching her own fist. As she's swinging, it will catch her eye and she'll just stare at it and follow it as she moves it. You can just see the wheels turning in her head as she tries to figure it out. I think she realizes it can be controlled by her, but she just doesn't have the hang of it yet. She's reached out for my face a few times and gets really excited when she makes contact.

Her eyes have been going crossed a lot lately. They say this is normal, and her eyes will be strong enough by the 3rd month not to do that anymore. Its not all the time, and only lasts for a few seconds when she's focusing really hard on something far away. If I run my hand over her face to make her blink, they usually go back to normal. Its kinda funny to see her so serious & crosseyed.

Sydney slept for 8 hours last night & we're so proud. Everytime she has a good night we're just beaming w/ pride the next day. She's sleeping 6 1/2 to 8 hours on a regular basis now. The variable is whether or not I can wake her up for the 11pm feeding. If I can, then we're good until Jeff wakes up for work. If I can't, then she usually is hungry around 4:45am. Last night she was pretty much comatose. I went in at 11:20 for her nightcap before I went to bed and she wouldn't crack an eye. I had her naked & wiped her down w/ cold butt wipes-and nothing! She barely even changed her breathing pattern. I put her back down & tried again at 11:33. Still nothing. So....at 10 till 5 this morning, guess who was hungry? Yep, you guessed it! I still can't complain, but it would be ideal if she'd sleep through more consistently by the time I go back to work.



Lilypie Baby Ticker

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan and Rachel Morgan said...

You guys are so lucky. She looks perfectly wonderful and happy. The changing table seems to be one of Daniels spots too. I dream of the day/night he sleeps that long.
Take care. We will have some professional pictures up this weekend.
Dan and Rachel

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home