Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Over the River & Through the Woods....to St Louis we go

We went to St Louis this past weekend for Meghan's birthday & Jeff's cousin's wedding. It was our first roadtrip as a 3-some. I was very happy that Sydney slept the whole way there, with a quick stop off in Columbia to feed her & change her diaper. Of course, she was ready to play for a bit when we arrived. So I let her visit w/ the family. I changed her into her pj's so everyone could enjoy the naked baby time-its the best! And then she was a very good girl and went right to bed.

This was the first time that Sydney and her cousin Trevor had met. When he first saw her, he immediately started saying "be-be, be-be", it was so cute! He's really gotten big since we last saw him before Christmas and he's at such an active age. I sure am glad that babies come immobile when you first get 'em. I wouldn't know what to do if she was already moving around & getting into everything. I know that day is coming, but I really appreciate my snuggly little non-moving bundle right now.

Ryan and I tried to get the two of them to take pictures together sitting on the couch, but we weren't good enough to keep Trevor there long enough....so this is Sydney waiting very patiently on the couch all by herself.

We went over to Jeff's Aunt Vicki's place to visit with the Johnson side of the family while we were in town. Here is Syd being snuggled by her Aunt Christy....
...and cousin Erin (really 2nd cousin, or first cousin once removed-we couldn't figure it out)...
...and Great Aunt Maura....
...and cousin Colleen...

...and her Great Grandma, Nana....She sure was pooped from all the excitement over the weekend. She crashed hard when we got home Sunday evening. We thought this was a funny picture of our little drama queen sleeping w/ her hand propped on her forehead. Grandma Sharon thinks she should be an actress since she makes such good facial expressions. She can go from frustrated, to happy, to sad, to scared, to excited & laughing-all w/in 30 seconds!
Sydney might be a thumb sucker soon. At lunch today I looked over at her in her carseat and she was concentrating ever so carefully on her left hand. She had it in a fist with her thumb extended and she was "tasting" the tip of her thumb. She didn't really suck it, but she was very fixated on it and couldn't really decided if she wanted it in her mouth or if she wanted to look at it. In the meantime, she was quite crosseyed trying to look at her thumb while having it in her mouth! This kept her entertained for a good 10 minutes.
We've decided its time to give Sydney her first hair cut, or rather more like a trim. Her hair around her ears is so long & she looks like she's got bedhead all the time. Its a little thinner on top, and I was told that trimming it would help it grow out more evenly. I've been to scared to do this myself because I'm afraid I'll botch the job. I'll let you know when I get the courage up to do it & post some pictures.
I left Sydney with her daycare lady this afternoon. It wasn't nearly as hard as I was afraid it would be. I definitely missed her, but that's my selfish mommy coming out because I know that she's fine and will be okay w/out me. Although, I do honestly think she was happy to see me when I came in to pick her up. She was fussy for a bit & didn't take a good nap there, but she did say that Syd was quite talkative and coo'ed and smiled a bit so she must have been fairly happy. We're going to practice a bit more on Thursday afternoon, so hopefully we'll all get used to this new arrangement soon. I go back to work this Monday....wish us luck!
Lilypie Baby Ticker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home