Monday, April 03, 2006

We Survived!!!!

Today was my first day back to work and we're all still alive & doing well. It actually was easier than I thought it might be. I did tear up a bit as I was driving her over, but then I just told myself that I had to get tough and suck it up. Crying because I miss my baby wouldn't get me home any earlier to see her anyway. It also helped that she was asleep when I dropped her off, so I left her in her car seat so Diane wouldn't have to pry her from my arms to get me to leave! She still doesn't eat like a champ from a bottle, which was one of my biggest worries. I don't want her to go w/out just because mom's not around. Everyone tells me that if she's really hungry, she'll eat from the bottle, so I trust that. They say she should be eating 4-5 oz per feeding, but from a bottle she's lucky if she gets down 2 or 3 before becoming completely bored w/ it. Obviously I have no idea how much she eats when I nurse her, but its got to be more than that or she wouldn't be gaining any weight.

Jeff was a sweetheart and sent me flowers to my office to cheer me up. They really made my day. And in the lunch he packed for me he included a note that he helped Sydney write to cheer me up. Isn't that cute! I think we'll make it just fine.

(This picture was taken on my phone, so its not good quality)

1 Comments:

Blogger Alli said...

Brenna,
I have been thinking of you this week as you headed back to work. I am glad things went well and that your sweet husband sent you those beautiful flowers! Enjoy your weekend with Sydney!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home