Friday, April 07, 2006

Whew! We made it a whole week!

So, we survived an entire week with me at work and Sydney at Miss Diane's. Our house is an absolute wreck, but what else is new! Sydney's sleep schedule doesn't seem to be interrupted by being away from home and that is a huge relief for both Jeff & I. I still don't have to get up for work as early as he does, but I have threatened him that once I'm back at work we'd alternate getting up at night. Fingers crossed & knock on wood, she hasn't gotten up in the middle of the night for several weeks now. Actually, its funny how fast you forget the early days of parenthood, because its a distant & fussy memory that I ever had to get up at night with her. It must be those days of sleep deprivation the first 5 or 6 weeks that cloud your memory & convince you its okay to have kids again one day!

Sydney has really started to laugh out loud, and its the cutest darn thing we've ever heard. It makes me laugh when she laughs, which just makes her laugh even more. I keep promising that we'll post some video on the blog soon. It takes a bit more time than the pictures, so I'll get to it eventually. I'm happy to report that she has not become a thumb sucker. She does take a pacifier sporadically when she's really tired & fussy, but then spits it out as soon as she falls asleep. I think her growth spurt has stopped, atleast for now. She's still only eating 2-4 oz from a bottle, but she's content afterwards so we're not really concerned. She's right inbetween 0-3 month & 3-6 month size clothes. The weather is getting warm, like 80 today, so I think its time to move into the spring/summer stuff, which is the 3-6 month size. I'm so excited because now we can see her cute little body that's been all bundled up for the winter!



Sydney's favorite thing (with the bouncy chair running a close second) is her exercise mat (aka "the gym"). She's like a maniac flailing all 4 limbs trying to make all her dangling toys move at once. There's so much to look at, and she thinks she's a Disney World every time we set her down on it. She moves her head all around trying to give all of her toys equal attention, and I'm convinced that she's rubbing all the hair off the back of her little melon. I don't' see a bald spot yet, but it won't be hard to spot once its there since all the hair around it will be dark.

Sydney just chillin' w/ Dad.
B.F.F.L.
This is Sydney with her new friend, Madeline Paige Stowell. Maddie was born on March 30th, weighing 9 lbs 3 oz. You can check her and her folks, Darin & Jackie, out at www.maddie2006.blogspot.com

These are Jeff's favorite PJ's. He bought them for Syd shortly after we found out she was a girl, and I made fun of him because I'd never heard of a 0-3 month old wearing satin pants to sleep! I warned him that it was silly because she'd just poop all over them. And guess what happened the night she wore these to bed....yep, she pooped all over them! I must admit, they're pretty cute & her little flowered slippers go quite nicely with them.I made a vow to myself, and to my friend Toni who has a 5 month old girl, that I would run a marathon in October. Toni ran marathons after her first child & it was great at getting her back in shape. I figured I needed something that dramatic to get my butt back in shape (literally & figuratively). I need to be up to 4 miles by the first of June to be on track w/ my training. I expected to be out of shape after being pregnant for so long, but I had no idea it could be this bad! And, the problem seems to be that by the time I'm home w/ Sydney I don't want to leave her again to go running. Atleast, that's the excuse I'm giving myself for only going about 1 day a week. I've really got to get serious about this or else I'm in big trouble-and I'm posting it here so I have to be accountable. Wish me luck!
Lilypie Baby Ticker

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan and Rachel Morgan said...

Great pics and I think the pj's are adorable. Great job Jeff! If you guys have a little boy, you will see what a blessing a little girl is when it comes to buying cute clothes! It is totally unfair. I had never thought about the sleep deprivation thing like that but I bet you are right. Rachel and her mom say Daniel laughs outloud in his sleep, but I have never really heard it yet. We do keep a camera around all the time though because you never know when you can catch a good smile.
Dan, Rachel and Little Daniel

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home