Saturday, April 15, 2006

Grams Comes to Visit

This Weekend Sharon came to visit the 3 of us for Easter. She bought Sydney an adorable pair of shoes to wear with her Easter dress.
On Friday Sharon & Sydney hung out while we were at work. She experienced the same frustration as Jeff when trying to get her to drink more than 2 oz from a bottle. Sydney must be a momma's girl, because we decided to do a little experiment and see if she was really full, or just being snotty. I was going to see if she would nurse since she was bored with the bottle. As soon as I picked her up she acted hungry, so I grabbed the bottle to see if she'd take it from me and she quickly guzzled down another 2 oz. What a little booger! That means she was hungry, but just wouldn't eat. I really hope that's not what she's doing while I'm at work. I know she's growing fine & won't starve, but if she'd normally be eating more, then I'd really like for her to not miss out when I'm gone.
Sydney rolled over for the first time on Thursday. I placed her down on a blanket for some tummy time, and she was instantly over on her right side. She paused there for just a second, and then ended up on her back. She likes playing on her back much more than playing on her tummy, so I thought she'd do it again right away. Nope. We haven't had a repeat yet, but atleast we know she can do it if she really puts her mind to it.
We're starting to try to stretch her schedule out. Previously we were feeding her every 2.5 to 3 hours, usually more on the 3 hour end. Now we're feeding her every 3-4 hours, with 4 hours being the goal. This should help her eat more at each feeding and help stretch her night sleep from 6 or 7 hours to 8 or 9 hours. The first day was hard. Feeding her at different times has changed her nap schedule. On Friday she basically didn't take any naps at all. She took about 3 30min cat naps, but nothing like she normally does. I was sure we'd have a fussy baby at dinner that night and I was worried she'd be so over tired that she couldn't go to bed. But she was still a good girl and slept 7.5 hours that night. She's been very tired today, and taken 4 2 hour naps to make up for yesterday. I hope we all get used to this new schedule soon, but so far so good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home