Saturday, April 15, 2006

Like Mother, Like Daughter

Lilypie Baby Ticker

You may remember my post from a while back (2/17) when I mentioned Sydney having an umbilical hernia. Well guess what....I have one too. It happened while I was pregnant, and isn't going to correct itself, so I'm seeing a surgeon on Tuesday afternoon per my PCP's recommendation. I remember thinking that my belly button popped out fairly early (around 16 or 18 weeks) and that it was strange. Now I know why! It will just be an outpatient procedure probably in the next few weeks and should be fairly minor, so I guess its no biggie. I can't say I'm surprised because I've been waking up every day for almost 3 months now waiting for my belly button to become an "innie" again. Everyone says it takes some time to get your "old" body back, but I guess I'm going to need a little extra help. Plus, its become progressively more sore & tender since her birth. I just find it funny that we both have hernia problems. I do remember Jamie (my little bro) having a hernia corrected when he was around 3 years old. I'll have to check w/ my folks to see what kind of hernia this was. If its an umbilical one, then I think we've found some sort of genetic defect that all 3 of us have. And here I am thinking that Sydney hasn't taken anything after me (since everyone says how much she looks like Jeff & his side of the family). Although, I do like to think that she gets her good temperament from me & not her daddy =) Anyone who's seen Jeff on the volleyball court would probably attest to that too!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brenna, we'll be thinking about you. Sydney DEFINITELY gets her temperment from YOU, not JEFF.

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home